CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Heaven!

Have you ever just wondered what Heaven would be like? I have and my dad and I talked about it before he left this world for Heaven. He informed me he tho't it was wonderful, sagebrush lots of land with no fences, what cowboy would want streets of Gold, gold in a cowboys mind are land and sagebrush! Great thought I think.
Well Sunday, I believe I was in Heaven (on earth). Dennis and our friend Ron McIntyre loaded up 2 horses and the mule and headed to the Owyhees. Brandon and I went to church and were to meet up with them at Stouds basin aftewards for a picnic lunch and Brandon would ride the mule the rest of the day with them.
Well since it had been years, many years since I had been back in there, I forgot how bad the roads were. Brandon and I had stopped at Homedale Drive In and picked up chicken and food for lunch and we started out there and Dennis called and said there was no way I was bringing my van into where they were. So I called my dearest brother Joe and asked him if I could go through his property and he informed me I was not taking my van in there, so he was so kind and let me drive his 6 wheeler into Strouds. Brandon and I loaded up our lunch and stuff and drove into the sagebrush, after about a mile I stopped the machine and turned it off and told Brandon to listen, he said "don't hear anything" and then I told him to smell and he said "don't smell anything" I then informed him that this is Heaven and his reply was "well it smells kinda dusty to me". It was so beautiful. We met up with Dennis and Ron and enjoyed a good lunch and then they all loaded up on their horses and I on the 6 wheeler and drove back into Stouds. WOW, it was gorgeous. I am always amazed at God's work, everything was dry and then all of a sudden you would see green and a stream running with cattle grazing, then you come around a corner and there is a basin full of water. It was beautiful.
They all headed back to the pickup and trailer with the horses and I drove along praising God and thanking Him for my heritage and my family, my life, and for sending His Son for my sins. Here are some pictures along the way.







3 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Beautiful...see you do have something to share with the world!

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Oh I do huh? I love the Owyhees. We were sitting there eating lunch and I blurted out "Give me land lots of land under starry skies above, don't fence me in" and my family just rolled their eyes. Kinda like dejavue, my dad use to do that.

Gramma Brobeck! said...

CROWLADY5
Well I could agree with all that only one thing missing, will two maybe three, Dennis, the other dennis, Wrangler, the other horse, and Donna the other wife. Now it' a perfect picture.
db out!