CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday, Sept. 23rd!



We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday Service at the Owyhee County Fairgrounds. It was our first Family Fair put together by our church, it was great. Alot of great music, worship, people and food, and fun. It was great.
We left the Fairgrounds around 2:34 was home and ready for the Sunday Afternoon Nap when we decided to take the Airconditioner out of the window and store in the barn for the winter. We headed to the barn to find a place to store it when Dennis noticed smoke in the rafters. Within approximately 20 minutes our barn/garage and tack shed, hay shelter with 1 Ton of hay in it was GONE, ALL GONE!!! I cannot tell you how scarey it was. I think it put the "fire fear" in all of us again. I hate fires. The Wilder Firemen and Caldwell Rural were AWESOME!!! They did a great job, it seemed like forever for them to get there, but the fire went fast. We lost alot of stuff and tack. The horses finally left, they kept hanging around and I believe it was the dogs that got them to move finally. Because the barn was the fence on the east side of the pasture, we are without a fence for awhile, so hauling hay and water will be the unwanted chore this winter. The agent and adjuster was out today and feel everything will be taken care of, we just have to clean it up. yuk.

I think the hardest thing for me is, it is another chapter in Michaels story that is closed. I didn't think I was ready, but I guess I have to be now.

Everyone is asking how it started, well we are waiting for a direct answer back on that one. Hang on and we may let you know soon.

Keep the family in prayer, please. It may not seem much to some people, but alot of our lives STUFF was in that garage and the barn.

3 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Wow...what a neat picture of the charred cross!

I am sorry about the loss of memories you were saving of Michael. He is in our hearts still.

I love you,
Sheila

P.S. call us if you have a "barn raising".

Anonymous said...

Lisa~
I am so sorry for the pain that you are going through regarding Michael. The fresh pain from the memories... I will pray for you. My heart goes out to you!
Love,
Deb

Robin said...

Oh Lisa - our family is praying for yours. I'm so very sorry for all that you lost. I am grateful, however, that no one was physically injured - that would have been so much worse.
It's always hard to understand why these things happen - some things we just won't know until the day God shows us in person. Until then we will be praying that God will supply the strength and the faith to carry you. You know you can call on us for ANYTHING.