Today I was going through some pictures that we had from our "Michael Journey". Our son was 3 when he was diagnosed with Leukemia ALL PH+ and we started our journey on Sept. 23 1998. These past few days have been very emotional and I wasn't really sure why, until today when I was going through these photos.
We started in Boise, went to Seattle in January 1999 for a bone marrow transplant, we stayed there for close to 7 months. During that time, we had "home" visitors and also made some connetions with ole friends in Seattle. Since my dad had passed away 4 months after Michael was born, Michael never really had a "grandpa", so he latched on to our dear friends Don and Sandra Miller and they became his grandparents and lived real close to the hospital. Michael would call and tell Grandpa he wanted some gum and Grandpa would show up after work with a case of gum from Costco. I think Grandpa really enjoyed it as much as Michael did. Don and Sandra went to California for spring break and Michael kept asking me when they would be home, the arrived home late on a Saturday and promised him they would be up after church on Sunday. So after church, they showed up and Grandpa was in his Sunday suit and Michael told him to sit down on his bed and he grabbed his tie and was going to tie him to his bed so he couldn't go on spring break EVER AGAIN. This picture filled me with smiles and tears. Oh the memories we made, the time we made to make those memories reminds me today that I NEED to slow down and enjoy my kids and grandkids.
Thanks Grandpa and Grandpa Miller for being there for me and my family.
Tying Grandpa to the bed! I love the shiny head!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Memories . . . . .
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lisa, I cannot explain how my heart cries with you. But we know that one day we can be with our babies forever!! Sometimes I can hardly wait. I love you.
Your old friend, Avis
Lisa, I don't know how anyone can face the lose of a child. I do know that you will someday be able to raise that little boy. What a great example you & your family are to me! Love you guys! Kim
Post a Comment