Well yesterday, it was HOT!!! My sister, Sue has for a few years taken her kids and grandkids to Roaring Springs in Meridian. Last year Sheila was taking care of Brandon while we were in Chicago and so he tagged along with them. I on the other hand, have never been to Roaring Springs, first of all the old "Aman-Porter" genes kick in. My first tho't of the place was "Wow, look at all those germs", of course, the first year it opened was the year we were fighting the cancer battle with Michael and if there were lots of people, that spelt GERMS!! Then my next reaction is "That is alot of money" and then "Yikes, there are WAY TOO MANY people for me" (sounds like my momma). Well since Dennis is at camp with Brandon and Kyra wanted to go, her and I went along with the family. It was fun. Yesterday was HOT around 98 degrees and so it was refreshing to get a break from that.
The first thing I did was the "lazy river" that was alot of fun, my niece Kenlee and I had a blast, she is now big enough that she can walk through there without going under. Also the little stinker has NO FEAR! It was a great refreshing time. Then we decided to attempt the Vortex. This is where 2 of you get on a tube and they shoot you like a cannon out of it. You go sideways and it is dark. For some stupid reason, I close my eyes. Sue and I did this one. I will not tell you what happened, but we ended up OUT OF THE TUBE when we got the end. It was great.
It was just awesome to have some fun with my family. It has been along time since we have done that. Aaron and Cher and their darling little girls, Alyssa and Kenlee are so fun and I am so glad they are here visiting. Sheila and Duane and their kids, they are growing way too fast. Ashley is this beautiful young lady. You know the day she was born was the day her Uncle Dennis recommitted his life to Jesus. Ashley came into the world and Dennis nearly drowned and realized he needed Jesus. Alex and Nikki are also growing up, which makes me feel old. And Hilary, dear sweet Hilary. Hilary is a new addition well not really new addition, we didn't know we had Hilary or her dad. We found a cousin and fell in love with him. He is awesome and is great to see him mature in his faith. He has a new found relation family and a new family in Christ. Hilary spent the day with us also and we had tons of fun. Now it is back to work and all that stuff. ugh
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Beating the Heat!
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment