
Michael in Seattle Hospital
November is a very "birthday" month for my family. I will not even try to name names and dates. I want to share with you about my birthday boy. Michael was born on Nov. 20th 1994 at Mercy Medical Center in Nampa. I remember that date so well because of a lot of things. First of all, the hospital sent me home and told me I was going to be a few days. WELL ~~ We were back within a few hours and about 5 hours later, there was our little boy. Dennis and I knew he was going to be a boy, but had decided to keep the news to ourselves since you never know how accurate those tests were then. My sister was there and since it was a Sunday, my mom came and my dad went to church and he got up in church and told EVERYONE that I was having a baby. Now that was strange cause my dad never even said the word PREGNANT, and then he tells everyone I am about to give birth. WOW. My dad was so excited because Michael arrived. For some reason, that really meant alot to me. The next day, was Nov. 21, and in the night a family came in next door and you know my husband, he started visiting with the father. They were in having their 3rd child also, and they had 2 girls about the same age as our 2 girls. So the conversation was easy flow for those 2 men, I could have cared less at the time, just let me snuggle my boy and sleep. Later that day, Dennis did inform me that they had a baby girl, a cute little blue eyed girl.
Michael was such a good baby, he loved to snuggle and to sleep with mom and dad. We broke alot of "rules" when it came to Michael. I nursed him until he was 3, (YEP, one of those mommas). I let him sleep in my bed, etc. There were alot of boundaries I had let down with him. When he was about 5 months old, I answered an ad in the newspaper for a babysitter. The lady came to the house with her 3 girls and the youngest was about Michaels age, little blue eyed girl. Nataucha, Bailee and McKenzie became a big part of our lives. I love those girls so much, their family is so special to us. Michael and McKenzie were best buds. Come to find out, the family that was in the hospital waiting for their baby to be born the next day, was McKenzies family!
When Michael entered Pre-School, thanks to the Lowry family at GFA. He looked so foward to it, but seemed to not be feeling very well. In Sept of 1998, he was diagnosed, after months of doctor visits, with leukemia with PH+. This was rare form of leukemia but it was treatable. We started our battle with McKenzie right there with us, her daddy brought Dennis to the hospital and picked up McKenzie. Michael battled that diease until he went to be with Jesus on Nov. 17th 1999.
You see Michael had a birthday on the 20th of November, but he had a Heavenly Birthday on the 17th. We were able through Make-a-wish to have a "Walker Texas Ranger" party for him on the 12th of Nov at St. Lukes and the first person he wanted to invite was McKenzie. She was there and you know McKenzie fought this battle as much as we did, she was right there, made several trips to Seattle, once she flew up with Crystal and I and stayed a whole week. The Lowrys loved Michael as much as we love McKenzie.
This year has been a pretty tough year tho. Tina Stattner was a big encouragement to me when Michael was fighting his battle. She prayed for us, for our lives, for our children and for me as a mom, she gave me books, she was always there for a hug. She passed away on Nov. 4th from cancer.
A friend from childhood, Sandy Plemons Nauz passed away yesterday from cancer. It is a sad time of year in the midst of happiness. I miss Michael and I know lots of people do. There is a hole in my heart and it will never be filled, a bandaid maybe, but never filled. I know he is healed now and probably teasing Tina and giving everyone a great big smile.
I miss you Bubbies!
Poppy, Honey and Michael
Can you see the smiles on those sisters faces??
Dad, Mom and Michael in Seattle waiting for the Doctors to come in.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Happy Birthday Michael!
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lisa,
Your thoughts portray your mother's heart for Michael. You were a great mommy to him!
He will forever be in our hearts too-
Sheila
Lisa,
Michael has made ME a better mommy. So many times, when I am tempted to be impatient with my girls, I think of him and set aside my 'important duties' to read 'Blue Train, Green Train' for the 18,376th time! Michael was so brave and cute and now, I am amazed at how brave Lisa is (and cute). I can't imagine what your pain must have been and still must be! You have so much to look forward to Heaven for! I love ya, Karen
That's the first time I've seen a picture of Michael - what a sweet little man! He looked just like his daddy didn't he?
I can't begin to imagine how this time of year makes you feel. I know that Michael was a blessed little boy to be a part of your family. I can tell just how treasured he was. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment