CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sugar Beet Harvest

BEAUTIFUL!!


My early morning view from my Shack!


Trucks piled in the yard!


After I weigh the trucks in, they head the piler to be dumped and then I weigh them out.


My Shack in the middle of Wilder!

Sugar beet harvest is always busy time for me all the way around. Dennis gets real busy at the shop during harvest, which is great. We both have this concept if it wasn't for harvest, where would America be? So he works very hard for the farmers. Around the middle of October for the past 6 years, I have worked the scale house "shack" at the Wilder Sugar beet dump. I love this job. I remember as a teenager riding around in the beet truck with my boyfriend and thinking "someday, that is the job I want" well I have it now and I love it. It can be hectic. It seems really sad that the farmers are dropping their beet acres fast around this area. Every year we have less and less beets to harvest. This year my harvest was only 12 days, my first year, we were there for 6 weeks, that was the year from down under.
Harvest is over and I feel refreshed and ready to do something. Get my barn built, clean my attic, clean the shop, get the yard at home all ready for winter, go out with my sister for our birthdays and have a great winter.
Happy Birthday tomorrow Cher!

Cher wtih Baby Owen!

0 comments: