CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Rodeo








On Friday night, our good friend Garratt was riding sheep at the Vale 4th of July Rodeo. I had never attended the Vale Rodeo, but from now on, I will do my best to attend. I like the home-town rodeos, where the cowboys are locals and you know who they are. Even tho' I don't know anyone in Vale, there were Jordan Valley Cowboys, Homedale, Caldwell, Nampa, and some others we have watched at other rodeos. We had so much fun we went back on Saturday night.








Garratt didn't stay on his sheep very long, but did come out with a bloody lip. They also had a pig scramble, which Brandon didn't participate in the first night, but did the second. Of course he didn't catch the pig and it was EVERYONE elses fault. They put in the areana 3 small piglets and turn about 50 kids loose to chase them down and catch them, if you catch the pig, you get to keep it. It is fun to watch. I was just thankful he didn't catch one because what would we do with ANOTHER pig?



This 1st picture is of Brandon and his friend Ta getting ready to chase the pigs. Then on Saturday night, a young cowboy that we have come to know through school and Brandons steer riding adventure, rode in the Vale Rodeo, so we were there to cheer him on. Casey Leppert had a great ride, stayed on the whole 8 seconds and tied in First place for the week. He was pretty happy and we were proud to cheer for him. See the pix of Kyra and Casey. The picture on the left, is a priceless picture. Brandon got to go behind the chutes and watch them get on the saddle broncs and bulls. The picture shows how much he looks up to these cowboys.





Then the most entertainment of the night (HAHA) was our friend Cole, he claims this was the first rodeo he had ever attended. Now growing up in Homedale and never attending a Rodeo, something is messed up, yeah and I harrass him about it too. He enjoyed himself alot and was very entertaining to listen to. Here is a pix of Crystal and Cole.

We have decided from now on, our 4th of July week will include the Vale 4th of July Rodeo. It was a ton of fun and very reasonably priced.

2 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Ride 'em cowgirl! Sounds like you had a good time!

SheilaDy said...

Have you ceased blogging???
I have missed your posts.

Love ya