CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

21 Years!






Well, this all started 21 years ago today! Well part of it anyway! Dennis and I were married on August 9, 1986 at Greenleaf Friends Church. It was a HOT day and well it was VERY HOT! The church was packed, between the 2 families, we have tons of relation and friends.



I am not sure of the 21 years many of them were that happy. Definately we were not following Gods lead in this relationship to begin with. My parents prayed their knees off for us. After being married about 7 years, we recommitted our lives to Christ and things have been better. God has definately been leading us and directing our lives since then. It hasn't been easy, but God has been so faithful and we have grown to love each other deeply!






Dec. 31, 1987 ~ Crystal Renee was born. Okay, for those family members or in-laws that just KNEW we had to get married ~ Aug 9, 86 until Dec. 31, 87, that is almost 17 months and she was born a month early. So . . . . YIKES, I am wonder woman. haha




Crystal was and still brings alot of joy to our lives. She has always been anxious to be involved in things. She is now 19 years old, soon to be 20 and striving for her goal as a pediatric nurse/sports med.



April 14, 1990 ~ Kyra Lenee was born, she entered this world screaming and yelling and very ambitious. She is still that way. She had intentions of being here alot sooner than we wanted her too. So I was bedfast for several months. Her smile is very happy and she brightens our lives alot. This picture here was taken at KMart and both her and Michael were all cleaned up and ready to stand in line forever. During our stay there in line, I noticed he had a mark on his nose and she had one under her eye. I was giving them the ole lecture, "you kids need to quit playing, now you are going to have big sores on your face in the pictures" Blah blah blah, well by the time we finally got their pictures taken, in the car and ready for home, all three of them were covered with the chicken pox. So this is our "Christmas Pox Pictures". Kyra is 17 and going to be a Senior at GFA, she has alot of plans in work in her life and she is looking to Jesus for direction.







Nov. 20, 1994 ~ Michael Aman was born. When he entered this world, our little family felt so complete. Michael brought alot of changes to our lives. Mom was now a stay home mom, who didn't think she could ever do that, but fell in love with it immediately. Michael was daddys little cowboy and mommas little pal, Crystals little buddy and Kyras bubbies! Michael brought alot of joy to us. You can tell in this picture his nose had a big chicken pox on it. Michael is now in Heaven and has been since Nov. 17, 1999. God gave us a responsiblity in raising our children to glorify Him and seriously I believe He used Michael to glorify Him and His love to us. Michael taught us alot in the short time he lived with us.


During our cancer journey with Michael, our pastor K. Coles prayed for Dennis and I, he prayed for our marriage and our love for each other. I know he prayed that for us all through our journey and we believe that is what held us together. Thanks Michael for everything, your love, your humor, jokes, wisdom, undying love for everyone, just for everything, bubbies. We miss you!


When I found out I was pregnant with Michael, Dennis son, Brandon James, entered our lives. WOW, what a change, but what a joy. We learned alot in a short period. Brandon lived with us a short time and so therefore we don't have a whole lot of pictures. The first one on this page is the only family picture we have of all of us.




Thank you Dennis for your love, your unconditional love and faithfulness to me, to our marriage, our family and our God. You are a great guy who I have grown to love more and more and admire alot. Happy 21 years!




3 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Great pictures! I remember that day very well. I thought you were the most beautiful bride I had ever seen!

May God continue to bless you and Dennis. You both are the best Aunt and Uncle a girl could have.

I love you both!

Gramma Brobeck! said...

WEll, Happy Anniversary, I hope you guys get to do something very special just for you. You're a grat pair and wonderful friends.
We love you, The Brobeck!

Robin said...

How fun it was to read about your life journey! You have a very special family and we are so glad that God saw fit to bring you into our church and lives. Blessings on you!