CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2007

My MOM!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOMMA!

My mom ~ there is are alot of things that come to my mind when I think of my momma! My poor momma ~ she had me when she was as old as I am now! I think if I found out I was pregnant at my age with my 6th child, I would probably have jumped off the roof or something. But my mom didn't (THANK YOU MOM). By the time I came along, she was exhausted and bratty me used that to my benefit. I wasn't the nicest kid in the family, the boys all have that whipped by a long shot. They are her favorites! In looking back over my childhood, I am sure I told mom she was unfair, loved Gary more, etc. but looking back, she loved all us 6 kids the same. I love my momma, she is a very smart lady, now that I am older I can say that, right? As I get older, I realize I am alot like my mother, I say things to my girls that my mother said to me like "you are not going anywhere dressed like that", yep, I heard that before and then I repeated it and my girls probably rolled their eyes at me, like I rolled mine at mom. I am starting to think home is the only place to be, I hate shopping, I don't like big crowds and I use to love to be around alot of people. So mom, thanks!!

My mom is awesome, she has been through alot in her lifetime, from being a cowboys wife, cook for the cowboys (which I would love to do), a rodeo wife, preachers wife, surveyors wife and a GREAT MOM!! I thank God daily for my parents, my Christian heritage and my Godly mother.

One thing about mom, she HATES to have her picture taken, so we have NO pictures of her. If she sees this one, she will probably throw something at me. But it was taken after Crystals graduation. Mom has made quilts for all the kids and grandkids when they get married and afghans when they graduate.
I love you Honey!

7 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Well, she is my favorite-ist grandma!

What I love(and loved)about Honey:

1. I love how when I call her, and say, "Hi, it's Sheila", she says, "well, how's Sheila?" (I have to tell her who I am, because she can't keep, me, Lisa, & Sue straight on the phone.)

2. I loved her meals when I was a young girl. She doesn't cook much anymore, so it has been years since I have had her cookin'. There are times that my mouth waters for her fried chicken, apple pie & home-canned dill pickles. She was a fantastic cook!

3. I used to love to listen to her sing, while she worked around the house. It made me feel happy.
I also loved how she would let me soak in the big tub and I would use her Honey Scented Shampoo. It made me feel clean & cozy.
I loved how she would let me read Grandma's Attic stories "to her" before I went to bed. That made me feel important & secure.

4. On my 11th birthday, my mom had to be out of town to a ACE workshop. So, I stayed with Honey and Poppy. I ended up being sick, but Honey invited Sarah Baines and Jennifer Hale over to her house, for a little party. She made a little chocolate cake and served it with Vanilla Ice Cream. She had bought me a bottle of my own perfume, and a Care Bear Autograph Book. That made me very happy!

5. I loved how she let me be a kid. She would give me a quarter every day, and Sarah, Jennifer and I would walk in Lisa's high-heel shoes down to Greenleaf Store to buy a tiny piece of candy. She would also make a big deal about my "mud-pie creations", get out Lisa's abandoned Barbies for me to play with, turn me loose in her "fruit room" (pantry) to play "Country Store". She probably got weary of re-organizing when I left. By the way, if I close my eyes and try real hard, I can still smell that Fruit Room. A mix of freshly dug-up potatoes, peaches, & wood. Mmmmmmmm!

6. Her Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookies were the best in the land!!! She would put them in the outside freezer, and we knew they were there. I can remember wanting those over a popcicle any ol' day!

&. Most of all, I love how much she loves Jesus, and lets it show! She & Poppy were always faithful to pray with Aaron and I when we stayed with them. I can still hear Poppy pray for "those who we love, & for those who don't love us back. I remember asking Honey about that part of the prayer, and she told me that Poppy was praying for his enemies. I have though about that many times in my life.

Thank you Honey for all those
precious memories.
Happy Mother's Day!
Sheila

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OHHHHHHHHH, she is priceless. That was sweet Sheila. I do love her fried chicken. I try, but it doesn't taste near as yummy as hers.
NOW I KNOW WHY MY SHOES WERE ALL SCUFFED UP!!!!

I love you!

SheilaDy said...

Hey, you told me that we could play with your shoes. I especially liked the high-heeled tennis shoes. Those were so cool. I wish you had saved them!
Wouldn't our girls just croak?!!!! That would be fun!

I am sorry I scuffed your shoes. I will try to make it up to you.

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Don't worry about it. I loved those high heeled tennis shoes also, they were my favorites. They made me feel as tall as the guy I was dating at that time. (ugh) Poor Crystal has to wear high heals in that wedding this weekend and she is not too good at it as we were, probably cause about all we have in our closets now are tennis shoes and flip flops. yeah!!!

SheilaDy said...

Did you have a happy mother's day with my mom???
I missed her!
Sheila

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

I did have a good day. I enjoyed seeing my momma and my sister and brother and family. It was fun! Well that is what happens when you have in-laws that like you. You have to be shared!! hehehe!

RicKaren said...

Hhmm, and now I know what a job that preacher's wife deal was...my momma helps me alot with that by watching my kids and stuff. She kept Kammy all sunday afternoon so I could get ready to have 2 couples over after church. I'm sure that was a nice mother's day present for her!!! :)