Okay, I have alot of blogging to do, but I will limit it to calling someone about a computer. I received a phone call this a.m. and the lady informed me I had not paid a bill on my computer. Well . . . she said I owed them around 900.00 and I about passed out, cause the last bill I received was 300.00 and I was getting ready to pay that off. But she was so hard to understand and I immediately was defensive "What do you mean 900.00?" "will maaaaaaaaamm, it is arund 900.00". well 300 and 900 is alot of around to me. So I asked if I could please get the pay off on it and send that to her, OH NO, you need to give me your check over the phone. Well what if I give you a check for 900 and it is only 300 what then? (yeah, I had her card on this one), well we will credit your account mam. (yeah right) I told her I would call DELL and talk to them, well "they don't have that information mam, cause you have been turned over to me for collections" "WHAT, collections, I am not late"!!! by this time I am VERY DEFENSIVE!!! So then I asked what my account number was and she asked me to give her my number and she would verify it. GRTRRRRRRRRRR double GRRRRRRR! so now my coursity is up and I am very very very defensive. So I said I would call them and thank you for calling and was going to hang up. "Mam, if you give me a check over the phone I can get this all cleared up" I told her sorry and so then she said if you give me a check over the phone for 50.00 the DELL people could answer any further questions" NOT!!!! So I hung up and called Dell, after I punched, 1, 2 or 5 a few times, I finally got a person and guess what? they spoke ENGLISH. No Mrs Patrick you owe 310.35 and if you want we can take a credit card or check over the phone. I calmly replied, "no thank you, I was checking my balance and will drop a check in the mail today" then I asked if they had turned me over to collection? NO Did your office call me about a late payment? NO!! well thank you and I have the check ready to go.
GRRRRRR!! Doesn't that just frost your cookies!??? I hate that. A good one for businesses is if someone calls to verify your phone service, NEVER answer YES or NO. Always answer correct or not correct, cause they will record you saying yes and no and they will change your phone service and if you ever call to see w hy, they have your yes and no answers recorded, tricky, took me a few times to figure that one out. grrrrrrrrr double double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I will blog more later. Brandon has a dental appointment now, so have a blessed day!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow!! That was smart of you!
I had that happen. A guy called and told me that we were being granted by President Bush a huge ($200,000.00) amount of money, but in order to claim it, I had to give him my checking account #, and they would then debit $20.00 out of my account. He got soooooo mad when I wouldn't do it. He called me really bad names! He said that he was sick and tired of weak women who said that they had to talk to their husbands first. I asked him for his phone number, which he gave me, and he also gave me his employee #. I told him I would call him back after I talked to my husband. He told me that I had to do it right then or I would lose the money. I refused, and hung up. When I called the number back, it was a photo processing company in Atlanta. They knew nothing about it.
He told me that the President had looked the US over, and was giving the money to 100 "hard-working" families. Yeah right!! Isn't that funny?
I think you are one smart woman!
Love you-
Sheila
It is sad because some people will do it, actually I have before. Well not my checking account number, but i have answered their stupid questions and then had my phone service changed and qwest called them and they had copies of me saying Yes I wanted to change my phone service when that was not the question they asked me. Oh well. BE TOUGH WOMEN!!!
I remember your story, you were so angry at that man for calling you weak!!! We ain't weak!
I feel your pain! Not long ago, I got a call about a bill and the woman speaking had a very strong accent and I couldn't understand her. And the way she answered my questions didn't make any sense. I started wondering if I was "talking" to a computer. So I finally asked her "Are you a person or a machine?" She was quiet a moment and softly said "I am a person". I felt bad, but honestly, I think some english lessons would help both sides of this issue!
Post a Comment