CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Prayer request

Dear friends, Dennis and I are friends with a family here in the area and have become very close to them. They have 4 children and the oldest daughter is 15 and wanted to date a young man she met. The family was not too thrilled about it and refused until she was older. Well the young man would sneak in the window, or she would sneak out with him. They caught her and grounded her, barred her window shut. One night, while they were all sitting around the house watching a movie, this young man barged in the door and jumped the dad, now remember, he is a juvenile yet (the young man). The dad finally after threatening decked the kid and threatened him. The kid left and called the cops and they showed up and took the dad to jail. The girl and the boyfriend concocted a big story how he molested her, beat his wife and kids, etc. The other children because they were children, got taken away from him, he could not see them, they tried to testify that their dad was a good dad and never beat them or molested any of them. After about 6 months the daugther dropped the charges, but the boyfriends family has pushed their story and he was arrested again last week. Because he went to court in Idaho, works in Oregon, he lost his job because work release will not let him drive to Oregon. I do believe this man is innocent, I sat down and talked to his wife and all this has been a big toll on her and the other kids. The state has the daughter, and she is now a mess. But the family doesn't have the money to buy some big time lawyer, etc. It is so sad but because the daugther didn't get her way, the family has been ripped into. They are Christians, and need our prayers!
I again, believe because the state has taken our rights are parents away, the state is partly responsible for the mess our families are in. Because a parent cannot punish a child they can do whatever they want. GRRRRR, a whole other letter to the editor. Please pray for our friends.

2 comments:

SheilaDy said...

I will pray for them.
That is so sad!
I actually deal with a lot of anxiety over the condition of our Government and the freedoms that are being stripped away from parents.
I quite often have to "give it all to Jesus". He doesn't want us to live in fear, so I daily surrender my anxiety to Him.
I will pray.
Sheila

Robin said...

How frustrating! I will pray as well.

P.s. I tagged you for a meme over at my blog - 8 Random Things about you.