When Kyra was going into High School, she was very concerned about friends, she had alot of friends, but some of them were making bad choices and she was really hesitant to start school. About 2 weeks before registration her and I were talking and we decided we would pray that God would bring her a new friend, a true Christian friend. Some of my bestest friends are ones I have had since I was young. Every girl needs a TRUE FRIEND! Kyra was kinda like "yeah right, whatever", and we prayed, the closer it got to school starting, the harder I prayed.
The summer before, we had started attending a different church and fell in love with our new found "friends". Kyra was not so excited about being involved, but she would tell me there was a girl that was always nice to her and made her smile and laugh. You have to remember, Kyra ~~ She was one of the girls that would come home from school and talk non-stop about her "new" friend and when you would ask her her "new" friends name, it was usually "you know, the one in the red coat or pretty ribbon in her hair" or something like that.
Now back to my story ~ We registered for school and she was very depressed about her friends, and that afternoon I took the girls to the church to join the youth into going to the Lagoon. I had kept telling her on the way down there, "maybe someone will start school, someone new that will be your friend, a real friend". I was having a hard time convincing myself, let alone her. So we get to the church and she told me theat girl there was always so nice to her and she was excited about getting to know her on the trip. As they are visiting, this girl tells her she was so nervous because her parents were sending her to Greenleaf this fall for school. The look on Kyras face was 'priceless'. Since that day, Jessica Ryan as been Kyras bestestest friend. They spend quality time together, they laugh, cry and Jessica holds Kyra accountable for things that no one else dare try to hold her accountable for. We have all fallen in love with Jessica. Her dad is our wonderful pastor and her mom is a very awesome pastors wife and friend to me.
I said all of this because, this family needs prayer. Our church is taking 24 people to Argentina on a mission trip and Jessica and her dad are going. Kyra is really struggling with this, she is going to miss Jess and I know Jess will miss her. I know Robin is going to be VERY lonely with her husband and daughter. Also they need protection and strength.
Here is a pix of Jessica and one of her dad, Chuck.

2 comments:
Oh Lisa - you just made me start bawling at work! It is so neat how God works - because you will never know how hard we were praying for Jessica to find that special friend too!
Thank you so much for your prayers for the next couple of weeks. I am excited for Jess and Chuck - I am praying this will be a life-changing experience for them. I will be praying for Kyra too. Maybe we should have a big party when they get back!
What are friends for huh? I tend to cry alot with mine. We do need to have a party when they get back. Kyra is planning on going to the airport when they leave and get back.
God continues to bless us through our church family!
Post a Comment