Lately my life has seemed to me to be so cluttered. I have become what I said I never would ever do again. Our pastor spoke yesterday and I think I heard alot of his message in a different way than most people, but it really encouraged me to trust HIM completely with EVERYTHING.
This morning I came to work and it seemed that things are just falling apart financially, people don't think they need to pay us, so therefore I have a tough time making our bills and then I tend to make myself sick with worry. So as I am thinking in my mind how to work all these things out and totally ignoring what the pastor has been saying to us, I am thumbing through a magazine thinking "why do I even look in these things, I cannot afford anything right now" Poor Poor pitiful me. (even though I know better) There on page 132 is a picture of a cross
"Hang it on the Cross"
If you have a secret sorrow,
a burden or a loss,
An aching need for healing . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
If worry steals your sleep
and makes you turn and toss,
If your heart is feeling heavy . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
Every obstacle to faith
or doubt you come across,
Every prayer unanswered . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
For Christ has borne our brokedness
and dearly paid the cost
To turn our trials to triumph . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
That is my motto for now. I am going to Hang it on the Cross.
God is so good to me, yet I tend to lean on Him like I need to.
This morning I came to work and it seemed that things are just falling apart financially, people don't think they need to pay us, so therefore I have a tough time making our bills and then I tend to make myself sick with worry. So as I am thinking in my mind how to work all these things out and totally ignoring what the pastor has been saying to us, I am thumbing through a magazine thinking "why do I even look in these things, I cannot afford anything right now" Poor Poor pitiful me. (even though I know better) There on page 132 is a picture of a cross
"Hang it on the Cross"
If you have a secret sorrow,
a burden or a loss,
An aching need for healing . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
If worry steals your sleep
and makes you turn and toss,
If your heart is feeling heavy . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
Every obstacle to faith
or doubt you come across,
Every prayer unanswered . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
For Christ has borne our brokedness
and dearly paid the cost
To turn our trials to triumph . . .
Hang it on the Cross.
That is my motto for now. I am going to Hang it on the Cross.
God is so good to me, yet I tend to lean on Him like I need to.
2 comments:
Lisa,
That poem is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with me!
I am praying with you!
Sheila
hhmm...you must get the same magazines as I do. I had a very similar experience to yours on saturday afternoon and post this on my blog as well! It was neat to find yours today!
Post a Comment