CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I need your opinion!

A dear dear friend, came to me recently and informed me she was getting a tattoo, ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My worst nightmare. Why would anyone want a tattoo when they are so gross looking in a few years, I have my opinion and they are pretty strong, so I guess I want to know what other people think. I think they are wrong, but is it because I was always told it was wrong and I would never want one anyway. comment me and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not believe that getting a tattoo is a sin. I really don't. Do I want a tattoo? NO! Will I encourage my children to get a tattoo? NO! If one of my kids gets a tattoo, will I be mad? Probably!

I don't see it being any different than piercing an earlobe for earrings.

It all goes back to what is in the heart. What was the reason? If you get a tattoo of a demon exploding out of your skin, you probably have a sick mind; if you get an inappropriate sexual tattoo, you probably have a sick mind. If you tattoo an offensive word or quote, you probably have a sick mind.

But, lets say that a dad loses his son in the Iraq War. As a way of remembering his son, he has his name and a yellow ribbon tattooed on his arm. Or, you are a breast cancer survivor, and you want a pink ribbon on your flat chest! Or, you are happily married and you want to have your spouse's name tattooed on your back...are those wrong?? I really don't think so!!

I am not trying to reason my way through sin, but knowing how we were raised...I try to go back to what is in the heart? I can think of a lot worse things that my child could do than get a tattoo of a flower on their ankle. I still do not like tattoos that much, because they make a body look cluttered.

This is just my opinion...you asked for it :)

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Hey, I feel the same way. It probably does come back to the way we were raised. I just remember the old man down the road that had a funny looking thing on his arm, I tho't it was a boob or something and at time time, it was a heart, but he lost weight and got all wrinkly and it was discusting. I would not be happy at all if my daughter wanted one and she probably will. ugh. I guess I will try to be understanding. I agree I don't think it is a sin, but it is trashy.

Robin said...

I don't like them either but I can't say they are a sin - I wish I could!
My heart broke when my oldest daughter got a tatoo. She got one on her lower back and it is UGLY! I cried and cried as I remembered her beautiful soft skin that I took care of for so many years. I have never trusted myself to say a word to her about it because I don't want to drive a wedge in between our friendship - it's not worth it to me. I have just totally ignored it. Interestly, I think my silence on the matter bothers her more than any words I could say. I remember once when she was young and got in really big trouble I told her how disappointed I was in her. She said, "Mom, just punish me. I would rather you punish me than be disappointed in me". Sometimes us mama's just need to know the difference!