Tomorrow is my little girl Kyras 17th birthday!! 17 years ago I was this fat ole cow hoping I would not deliver my baby. She was due on May 20th to begin with, then they moved it to May 12th. But on March 5th, she tried to enter this world while I was at work, they put me in the hospital for a few days and sent me home for bedrest!!! GRRRRR, the doctor obviously did not understand, I had a 2 1/2 year old girl at home and a husband who was not the nicest man at the time to watch me lay around and do nothing. My mom was very good about stopping by and checking on me as was my neice Sheila. But still he was not the most understanding man (he has since changed with the help from committing his life to Christ). Well so here I was at home, with Crystal and suppose to do nothing. So we spent alot of time watching TV, now our TV at that time was a 13 inch one with a vcr attached. No remotes, those were not cool then. I watched way too many talk shows and soap operas, so my friend Teresa decided I needed a Nintendo, the original Nintendo with the Mario and Duck Hunt. So that was my entertainment, but the problem was, I am one of those people that when you are suppose to make Mario jump, I have to litterly jump or act like it, and remember I was suppose to be bedfast and still. So I played Mario for hours and went into labor AGAIN, so back to the hospital I went to lay around there, but at least there, people would come running when I pushed a button. So as they were sending me home again, my friend Larissa was there to see me and help me, she was facing the door of the room and I was at the sink and showed her the box of KY jelly, hehehehe, so me thinking hahahaha, I can make off with this stuff, see it says "not for sale". So as I am laughing and putting it in my bag, Larissa is smiling and making this weird coughing noise and as I look up. UMMM there stands the nurse (the one that was having the affair with the doctor that was keeping me in the hospital, not my normal doctor, the fill in one) She didn't have a very nice smile on her face, so I put the KY jelly back and went to bed. That was embarrassing, I didn't want her to think that I would use it to have s*x or anything like that, that was just sick and wrong. So back home I went to stay in bed, but this time Dennis took the Nintendo back to Teresa. So on Friday night, April 13th, by dads birthday, I went into labor again and since I had been to the hospital and sent home so many times, Dennis and I decided we better wait to see if they were really real. We left for the hospital and she was born around noon the following day. Sheila, my niece, at this time had decided she was going to be a OB nurse and help deliver babies. So I had made up my mind that Dennis and Sheila would be in there and Dennis could video this birth. I am not the brightest person sometimes. So as Dennis is videoing me, and the pains are getting harder and harder, I grab his arm and yell "GET THAT THING OUTA MY FACE", so he sits it on the counter, still running. And Sheila is on my right side and Dennis on my left, lying to me and telling me "everything is okay, you are doing great" blah blah blah. So when Kyra was born, remember she had been stopped way too many times from coming out and she was not happy about that. She was headed into this world MAD and becauase she was still pretty early, she had this white goob all over her and the doctor said "oh you have a girl" and I felt Sheila let go and all of a sudden everyone was not paying one bit of attention to me, the one that just popped this kid out and was on the floor helping Sheila, she passed out cold. Needless to say, she changed her desire to be a OB nurse. heheheheheh (sheila thank Kyra for that one) Kyra has been such a joy to us, she is such a spit fire, always the one to tease, cause she gives it right back and she is very jumpy. She will scream and jump at the slightest little noise. hehehe we have fun. So now that you know my horror story about birthing this child, if you see her, wish her a happy birthday.
I love you Kyra!
Friday, April 13, 2007
IT IS FRIDAY!!
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment