CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sheila


This is going to be a different blog from my normal, well I don't have too many normal blogs, so not sure what I meant by that, but anyway ~ This is a pix of my dear niece Sheila. Now in the background you will notice the "awesome party mobile" the "blue bomb", the awesome "party boat". That was my first car. I will never forget the day I got it. Mom told me after school and before dad got home from work that dad had bought me a car and I had better be happy about it. Well in my teenage mind, I was getting a bright blue Mustang, that is what I wanted and maybe dad would even remember that I wanted a convertible. WOW!! I had the best dad in the whole wide world. I think she told me he bought it so that I would be prepared for the "bomb". Dad drives up in this blue 4 door Dodge cornet. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (yeah, I was crying now) I tried to compose myself and be happy. "OH whow, that car is awesome dad, wow, thanks" deep down I was about to die becasue in the few hours between mom telling me and dad gettng home from work, I had called all my friends and told them I had a NEW CAR!!!! I remember telling dad later, I tho't you bought me a NEW car, and he said something to the effect "you big dummie, you think I am stupid". I loved that car tho, it became my friend and it really went fast, really. Ask Larissa and Brian. There were many times I would get it taken away for racing, etc. But it was a great car, wish I had it still. Thanks dad.
Okay, back to Sheila. Sheila is one of my many nieces, but since she is almost as old as I am, she is more like a friend. When she was younger, probably abuot the time this pix was taken, she wasn't my friend, she was my official pest. I let her know that too. But was mad when she would repeat what I told her. She was more like my little sister, the one I use to beg mom for, please, please. Well I got a younger sister, in the form of a niece. When she was a baby, I loved to spoil her, hold her and feed her, I didn't like the diaper thing, but the whole baby thing other than that was fun. When she came to live with us after they had moved to Illionis for awhile, she became the tattletale, pest, anything else mean I could think of. I was mean to her and I am realy sorry about that Sheila. I justified being mean, because I had 2 brothers that were pretty mean to me and so I had to pass it on and since Sheila was there, heck, she got it.
Now Sheila is one of my dearest friends, yeah she really does have friends and I am so glad I am one of them. When Crystal was born, she use to come and stay with me and help me. She was the best babysitter and she rarely got paid for it. (that was mean of me, when I win the lottery, Sheila, I will remember you). As I said in Kyras birthday post, she was there with me then too. She was and is aweome. She has encouraged me in so many ways, she was such a rock of faith when Michael was sick and dying. She was the first one that I called when I found out he had cancer, I didn't tell her until she got to the hospital. I am not sure how she managed to get from Nampa and find a babysitter for her own kids and to the hospital in Boise as fast as she did, but she was there to take care of Michael while the doctor explained to Dennis and I how our life was going to change, how Michael was sick, very sick. I remember walking out of the room and seeing Sheila there with Michael reading him a story or just talking to him. He loved Sheila also. She came to Seattle to visit us in the hospital and let me go to the apartment to sleep and she stayed all night with him in the hospital, believe me I didn't let just anyone do that for me. But I knew she loved Michael and she would take great care of him. She was a little shocked when he tried to stick his hand down her shirt tho. (whole other story someday). Anway this blog is dedicated to Sheila because she emailed me and reminded me it had been awhile since I had blogged and it reminded me of what a great friend she is. I love you Sheila and remember, we are having fun in Colorado this fall. I love you Deeda!

4 comments:

SheilaDy said...

This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me! Thank you!

By the way, in the picture, I am trying not to look at the camera, because my eye hurt. Aaron and I had been at Brownlee Reservoir camping with Poppy and Honey. We were there for several days. While in the boat, I got a piece of sand in my eye. Honey tried and tried to get it out. By the time we came home it was still in there, scratching my eye. Poppy was frustrated with me. He kept telling me to quit crying, and be a big girl. (I remember being mad at him after I had been to the dr. and found out that it was really bad!) He was a wonderful man, but not often very sympathetic.
When we got home, Mom took me to the eye dr. and he got it out. It had really done a lot of damage to my eye, and I had to wear a patch for several weeks. Poor little me!

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Sheila ~ you know we go through life realizing as we age how much of our parents we have become. Well ~~ I have become like my father. "Buck up and quit crying". I do that to my girls and to Brandon. It is kinda mean, but then I think "dad did that to me and I didn't turn out half bad" so "BUCK UP". Remember when I did that to Kyra? the school called and said she got hurt on the monkeybar or something and fell on her head and I kept telling them she would be fine and then they insisted I come and get her. I walk in and she is staring off into space and cannot focus on anything, so I take her in and they xray and find a hairline fracture on her neck. And then I tho't she dislocated her finger and I kept pulling on it trying to get it back in and she kept screaming and so we took her in and it was broke. YIKES, I am a horrid mother, no I am too much like Pops in a way.

SheilaDy said...

Poor Kyra!! I think they need to give you a criminal record!!

You tell Kyra, that the next time she gets hurt, she needs to come and see her cousin Sheila. I will love on her.
Lisa, you should be ashamed! :)

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

I am ashamed and she reminds me of it quite frenquently. She is also the same way tho. She gets upset when someone gets hurt and bawls about it, she tells them all to buck up and get over it, so she has inherited it also. See I made her a tough cookie.