Dennis, Crystal and I are getting ready to go donate our blood. One of the kids from school is having a blood drive for his community project. Blood drives are big things to our family. If it wasn't for people donating their blood many years ago, our little boy Michael would not have been with us for as long as he did. Many years ago, I use to donate my platelets every month for a little girl whose blood would not clot. This was a great deal for me. I so enjoyed the fact that she was hopefully enjoying what normal little 5 year old girls are suppose to do. Then after I got pregnant with Kyra, I stopped and then when I had her they had found someone else to donate blood for her. It has always amazed me how God works, it seems strange to think about it, but many years later, my little guy was surviving on some strangers blood. WOW!!!! So everytime we see a blood drive, we try to donate to help another family enjoy their loved ones longer. Kyra isn't quite up to it yet, but soon she will be.
So Kudos to Ben West for having a blood drive.
Go donate your blood to help a family when you can.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Vampire??!!
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I never think to do this. Thank you for the reminder.
I am on the Bone Marrow Registry List. I have been for almost 18 years, and have never gotten called. I get a magazine from them every year. Come to think of it, they probably need to know that I have moved.
Love you,
Sheila
Girly ~ You best notify them if you have moved AND changed your phone number. Shame on you! I didn't update this because I just didn't. But Crystal and I donated our bag a blood and Dennis, well his blood pressure was too high, so they turned him down. He came back and took his blood pressure about 10 times until it came down, but it was too late to donate. He is so funny about things like that. They told me my iron was great, might have been because the day before we had liver for dinner, YUMMY!
You will be happy to know that I just called MSTI and notified them of my address and phone # changes.
They said that since I have been on the list for such a long time, and since I am so special they are going to re-name MSTI to STTI (I will let you figure that out.)
Hee Hee :) :)
I have always wished that I would get called. Aaron has, but it ended up not being a good match. I have always felt like it would be so rewarding to give someone that second chance at life.
Next time you have liver, call me. Yum!!!
Love ya
Sheila taylor Tumor Institute??? Sheilas trama taylor issue?? SHE TOLD TALES INSTANTLY?? I am not good at those games!
I always wished I would be called too. Dennis was, but the guy passed away or was too old, I think it was too old. I want to do that. Crystal and I are going to try to donate platelets every 28 days. Michael lived on others platelets and a few times in Seattle, I donated them while he got them. That was kinda fun, cause I imagined some mother somewhere else thanking God for ME!
Post a Comment