Today is the day after Easter, the day after my Christ rose from the grave many years ago, for MY sins. I was laying in bed this a.m, real early cause my husband likes to get up before there is oxygen in the air, but after 20+ years of marriage, I think he realizes the rest of the family is not that excited about getting up, cause he lets us stay in bed for awhile before we have to start hustling around getting ready for the day. But I was laying there thinking about Easter. This year, was so not normal for me. We tho't we would be real good and get up and go to the "sunrise Service" on Lizard Butte, well we got up to rain, but figured that happens alot, so we left and was on the hill before the preacher, because our pastor was speaking, and there was this nice little man standing at the bottom of the hill in the rain, sending everyone away. You see now a days if you fall and get hurt, or think you get hurt, you can sue whoevers property you fell on, and the people that are in charge of Lizard Butte had to think about what was best for them. Now isn't that sad? yep, I tho't so too. So we left and decided since we were already up before most people we would go do breakfast. So we met up with my brother-in-law, Kevin and his family at Golden Corral. Well we had such a great time visiting that time got away from us and by the time we left, we were already late for Sunday School and in our "ready to get rained on" clothes, we the kids hurried off to Sunday School and I sat in the chair and Dennis on the couch and fell asleep. We missed church on Easter Sunday. I have never done that. Our neighbor told me that since there are so many people that go to church on Easter only, we just gave them our seats, so I used that excuse for awhile. But this morning it really was bugging me. So as I was feeling bad, I told myself "Jesus is my Savior".
It is then I started realizing how busy I have let my "life" get, and have fallen short of spending time with my God. I know He is such a loving and forgiving God, but it still made me so sad to realize I have hurt HIm again. I asked Jesus to forgive me and I am trying to spend time with Him and un-busy my life.
When my youngest son Michael was diagnosed with cancer in 1998, my life was in my opinion "wonderful". My husband had a great job (I liked anyway). I was a stay home mom with 3 beautiful healthy children, I was babysitting a family of 3 girls and they were wonderful and treated me so good. Then Michael got sick and my whole world came to a screaching halt. I gave up my babysitting job and lived in a hospital room between Boise and Seattle for about 16 months. I realized then and said to myself I would never let life get out of hand for me. I would take each day with grace and mercy, well . . . . how soon I forgot. Dennis and I own our own business, which I hate, I do. I hate my job. Dennis loves it so much, it is his dream and I am trying so hard to understand that. I understand he loves his job, I just don't understand why I don't love it as much as he does. I want to support him, but feel I am hindering him.
So this morning my prayer is to be more supportive of my husband and to spend more time with God. He has been so good to me!!
PS I had to call my payroll software people this morning and it usually rings through to India or someplace where I cannot understand any one that I speak with, so as I am sitting on hold, waiting and worrying about who I am going to talk to and if I can make them understand what I was wanting, I start humming to the music that is playing on their line. I was shocked.
I love you Lord
I love you Lord and I lift my voice
To worship You O my soul rejoice
Take joy my King in what you hear
Let me be a sweet, sweet sound In your ear
I love you Lord and I give my life
To worship You under pain and strife
Take joy my King in what you see
May I be a sweet sacrifice Unto Thee
WOW, what a shock to realize that in India, they like that song too. heheheh
God is good, all the time!
Have a blessed day!
Monday, April 9, 2007
Monday ramblin
Posted by Lucydolls' ramblings at 11:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment